Definitely glass half full

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#1 Post by flatlander » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:00 pm

So in perpetration for picking up my winnings from the bronze v black burn out I thought I had better sort out the insurance. Now thanks to those who ousted a out this I went down the multi bike route where for about 350 I got both insured. This included any cancellation of the existing policy and was just over 100£ more. So not too bad us they threw in personal injury cover legal cover key cover and RAC cover ... So Definitely glass half full

Saturday go pick up the bike happy days and had an excellent first class journey with breakfast thrown in all trains clean on time got there early lovely

Lovely morning at Chez Ryan getting ready for trip to MOT. Blow me we can't get it started ... And no Rob I still haven't put greased coppers on the contact sounded too dodgy LOL ;) Luckily it happened before setting off so I got through more tea and biccies and the weather just got better Definitely glass half full

Gas up check tyres slight leak on valve not a problem as aftermarket caps supplied by said member of the honourable forces are more than good enough to take it. Sp off we go on a really good and easy ride north Definitely glass half full

Monday am notice tyre is down so shoot over to local tyre bloke who checks front and rear rims valves etc and with a bit of prodding, no squid not that sort! Replaces front valve core calls it all a freebie despite the rain et and away we go Definitely glass half full

Rock forward to Tuesday bobbing into work performing what can only be described as either an un characteristically adventurous filtering manoeuvre at airfield speeds when the unmistakeable sound and feel of a rear tyre going pop is noticed followed by the equally unmistakeable feel of my sphincter starting to bite chunks out of the seat !! LOL Now contrary to what it might seem this is Definitely glass half full as it was less than a mile from work and I got there with no major drama as opposed to decorating the front of the artic :)

More to the fore the insurance then sent the very nice man from the RAC to put a temp repair in the tyre so I could get home

So money adventure thrills pleasure and a new bike Definitely glass half full

Drinks are definitely on me and I would especially like to toast Rob (Falconihilist) for the bike the company the help getting going for his good wife's patience and obviously the biccies

Cheers all
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

HisNibbs
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#2 Post by HisNibbs » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Well let us hope it's a proper black one not just an oxidized bronze...

You know the only way to realy tell don't you?
Don't put off 'till tomorrow what you can enjoy today

mangocrazy
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by mangocrazy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Make sure collar and cuffs match...? :smt003

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#4 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 pm

Nah

The secret is on a need to know basis

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#5 Post by flatlander » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:16 pm

It gets better Alf the black one passed his test yesterday and is allowed to play out for another 12 months brakes advisory and new numberplate but no real problem so happy days!!!

I can't say how much I have always wanted 2 decent bikes at the same time. Definitely glass half full :smt020 :smt003
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

randomsquid
Wear the Fox Hat

#6 Post by randomsquid » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:35 pm

flatlander wrote:
I can't say how much I have always wanted 2 decent bikes at the same time.
And you bought a black one? :smt017
Where ever I lay my hat.....

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#7 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Of course !

The rusty undercoat is matched by some prime darkness...

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#8 Post by DavShill » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:23 pm

So.................... did you actually win this bike in a bet or was that a cover story? Either was, glad it's working out.

randomsquid
Wear the Fox Hat

#9 Post by randomsquid » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:46 pm

He needs a light blue one as well.
Where ever I lay my hat.....

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#10 Post by flatlander » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:01 pm

To be honest a yellow one would be quite nice and I am already reducing the blackness of this one which is showing in the performance.

To those from my end of the world Paddy Firestarter et al the Notthwich bike centre were very good to deal with and reasonable but serious on the MOT

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#11 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:55 pm

you slowed it down then geoff??

and as for liking yellow - just think - that piss colour could run over the white boots.....

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#12 Post by D-Rider » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:20 am

So ... on this Half-full / Half-empty stuff, which is supposed to be better? I've never worked it out.
Probably because I'm an Engineer and our diagnosis is the glass is twice as large as it needs to be .......

Is it good to be half-full? (hey look at this thing and it's half full too ... :smt001 )
OR
Is it a bad thing to be half-full? (Huh, look at this thing. It's only half full :smt009)

Similarly

Is it good to be half-empty? (hey look at this thing and it's only half empty... :smt001 )
OR
Is it a bad thing to be half-empty? (Huh, look at this thing. It's half empty! :smt013 )

:smt017
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein