ARRRGH!

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

ARRRGH!

#1 Post by Kwackerz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:45 am

Stupid stupid obtuse Italian heap of shit.

Having a Whiskey. Help yourself i shall leave the bottle on the side.

*goes and sits in the corner mumbling about batteries, charging and italians*
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by Kwackerz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:14 am

Oh and thanks to Pete for saving my sanity.. bloody thing was flooded.. which is interesting. Methinks Sam jr has been playing with it..

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by Kwackerz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Just noticed the lug on the exhaust that holds one of the springs to the linkpipe (linkpipe to collector springs) has snapped too and needs rewelding.
Stupid bloody thing. :smt012 Also the previous owner cocked up when fitting the bottom fairing so the small insert behind the linkpipe was rubbing against the exhaust.. that explains the melting smell I found now and again. Suitably repositioned it to clear the exhaust like it should..
Also the ******** **** had changed the chain and sprockets at some stage and seemingly had cocked that up. the casing around the front sprocket has a 1" bit broken off.. (not the cover.. thats just buckled..) looks like where they'd wedged it to lock the front sprocket. A snapped chain wouldnt have caused it to break as it has, as its got no other marks that would indicate a snapped chain. if I said it (the broken bit) had been held in place with horse shit as a repair, would you believe it? it bloody had!! Tell you, these swamp donkeys round here are a law unto themselves.. I shouldve took photos.. it was quite a work of art really.

Not broken it for spares yet, so its not in the doghouse that much.. I think the biggest problem is the previous owner.. and my lack of anywhere to keep the bike permanently on an optimate.. when we get to the new house next month, first priority is sorting that out!

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#4 Post by D-Rider » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:28 pm

Mille Riders :smt009
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by Kwackerz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:31 pm

:smt002 it has a bonus that it puts people off using my bike as a donor though!

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#6 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:42 pm

and what makes you think we have not got plans for your donor bike?

and i think you can probably acquire some repair stuff for that.... probably from some quarter master stores.....

and we thought that the burning / melting smell was coming from the bottom of your cuban heels catching on the exhaust....

and an optimate really is a good idea - maybe do it while you are repainting it blue and white?

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#7 Post by D-Rider » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Kwackerz wrote::smt002 it has a bonus that it puts people off using my bike as a donor though!
It's only the "R" models that are of much interest .... and had all the good bits from them years ago.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

fatboy
World Champion

#8 Post by fatboy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:01 pm

I bought a solar trickle charger from Maplins, £9.99
keeping the battery at 12.9 !
Dont expect it to last forever but a tenner is a small price to pay to avoid 'sad battery syndrome'
Cleverly disguised as an adult !

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#9 Post by Kwackerz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Oh ive got an optimate, just cant use it readily where I am, similarly I'd looked into solar chargers but we have a communal garage area away from the house.. sticking that on the roof would a. get it stolen and b. get the garage contents stolen as they'd know there's something inside!
With the regt moved now and 20 odd families on the patch out of 200 before, it's pikey central...

fatboy
World Champion

#10 Post by fatboy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Bugger !
Fekked if you do, fekked if you dont

pet alligator in the garage ????
Cleverly disguised as an adult !