Charge your Glasses Please

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#31 Post by Falcopops » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:45 am

Kwackerz wrote:...and feck me if we dont turn back up to his bedside to see him in his embroidered white RiderSite TShirt.
:smt005 That's gold

robbier6
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#32 Post by robbier6 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:41 am

Glass charged and emptied so charged again.
i know how that feels kwakerz my deepest sympathies to you all :smt009

Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

#33 Post by Firestarter » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Sorry to hear this Tim, thoughts to you and your family.

Glass o' JD duly raised
Aprilia SL1000 Falco '04 in Black & Red

Gio
Double World Champion

#34 Post by Gio » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:27 pm

RIP Sam,. Been thinking over the last few years and some of the moments, for instance, a Saturday night at Lydden, we'd pottered (ahem) off to cantyerbury to tank up on booze and fags, returning to the paddock, this ere muppet tried to do what Sam did and slid down the gravely hill sideways and falls off at the bottom. did we laugh

A couple of years latter I got my revenge, Sam managed to drop a bike while getting on it near Snetterton, I think it was that great lump of a Yamahaha he had. More laughter at that.

To me Phil was a man of many parts, I will always miss him :smt010 .

I hope he manages to meet up with my parents, my Mum died 364 days before Phil and my Dad on Fathers day this year, I know my Dad would like to hear a few of Phil's stories.

God rest Mate, from an ardent admirer.

Peter (Pete/Twiz/Longshanks)
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

Gio
Double World Champion

#35 Post by Gio » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Falcopops wrote:Hey Tim, hope you and yours are bearing up.

The number I've got for Peter is 07841426134, that's a few years old, but worth a try.
He got hold of me and I was working, and yes its the same number (15 years or summat)
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#36 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:44 pm

A number that features in many a gents toilet....

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

Gio
Double World Champion

#37 Post by Gio » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:46 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:A number that features in many a gents toilet....
You spamming again Pete?

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#38 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Nah - I leave that to the Grecian 2000 boy

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

Gio
Double World Champion

#39 Post by Gio » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:Nah - I leave that to the Grecian 2000 boy
Oooh whats his name, I need a good laugh

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#40 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Roflmao

And that was a spam count effort

like this one

Gio
Double World Champion

#41 Post by Gio » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:08 pm

Aladinsaneuk wrote:Roflmao

And that was a spam count effort

like this one
Says the man on 7064 spamming posts

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#42 Post by Falcopops » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:48 am

Gio wrote:
Falcopops wrote:Hey Tim, hope you and yours are bearing up.

The number I've got for Peter is 07841426134, that's a few years old, but worth a try.
He got hold of me and I was working, and yes its the same number (15 years or summat)
Apologies for posting so prominently Pete, but I was using my phone and I coudn't figure out how to PM it, thought the situation was worth just getting the info over.

Viking
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#43 Post by Viking » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:31 am

I've just logged into RS after being away for two weeks and what a rotten thing to find.

RIP Samray. There's a virtual barrel of JD on it's way to you now.
It's the V-twin thing. There's just something about it that inline-4s don't have at all, and V-4s don't have enough of.

Dusty
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#44 Post by Dusty » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:39 pm

I don't know how I missed this sad news but I've just seen Pete's post on the General Chat site today. So sorry to hear that Sam has passed on, but like everybody else who never met him, I have been amazed by his courage and sense of humour and also by the deep affection held by those who did know him. This is a great forum, obviously largely due to Sam and his contributions will be greatly missed. My thoughts and condolences to Tim and the family.

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#45 Post by Kwackerz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:06 pm

I thought I would close this particular thread with a few last comments.

Firstly to reitterate what Phil (Samray) said a while back.

Thankyou

He meant it sincerely and was so very proud to be able to say he'd in some way contributed to RiderSite over the years.

I think i'll finally close with the Euology I said for him today.
A kind, conscientious man, strong in character, soft in manner, robust in his values
and standards. Never one to shy away from hard work and always up for a challenge.
A veritable swiss army knife of a man. A legend. My Dad and my best mate.

For me it’s not a sadness at him going much as a genuine happiness at his release
from the illness that cut his life short. There is sadness, but nowt a few quadruple JD’s
wont sort.

There’s fond memories. His ability to drive left hand drive Vauxhall Viva HB estate
(ANG866S was the reg) like a top of the range sportscar, admittedly I may have been
his co-pilot on ventures like that, egging him on from the back seat much to avrils
annoyance, but we had fun and broke many laws. It was, is and always will be cool
despite what society may say.

Scouts.. 1st Langar, Vale of Belvoir, fond memories. Dad had been a Queen’s Scout
in his youth. He probably didn’t realise just how much he passed on over the years to
the lads in the scout group, but he really was an encyclopedia of.. well, of everything
really.

Later in life I’ve wonderful memories of my dad as a biker, we’d shared rideouts,
journeys, rallies, stories, fixed things, broke things, modded things, raced against
other things (mainly prototype Lotuses in dad’s case), and watched people race things.
So his time has passed, he’s shuffled off his mortal coil, he's passed on.. He is.. no..
more! He's expired and gone to meet his maker.. Bereft of life, He rests in peace.
Although in truth he’ll be riding with Sheene and Simoncelli now.

There’s a famous saying from Hunter S Thompson, an American journalist who also
rode and wrote about the Hells angels of the late 60’s.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
I think that’s exactly what my dad did, truth be told.

Catch you later Sam.

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly