Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Viking
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

Back from holidays

#1 Post by Viking » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:31 pm

Hey all,

First chance I've had to login in ages - got back from 5 weeks in Europe and a week recovering from a chest infection. Been coughing so much my ribs hurt like a total bastard. :smt010

Saw plenty of scooters and big dual-purpose bikes (TransAlp, Veradero, etc) but bugger all sport bikes (Jap I4s not included). Anyone know where they all went?

As for the holiday, Mrs. Viking and I visited Athens, the Greek island of Hydra, Venice, Florence, Rome, Paris, London and Sheffield (to catch up with my relatives).

In summary, the weather was brilliant (apart from it being freezing cold and pissing down with rain in London), the food was fantastic (especially in Italy) and the history / scenery was breathtaking. Greece was very cheap, Paris was freaking expensive, and London as grey and miserable as I remember it.

As for the chest infection, Mrs. Viking picked it up in Florence and gave it to me in Paris. We've both been at home recovering this week, and hopefully the antibiotics are doing their thing. We both wish the damned thing would go away.

To celebrate our return, the bar is now open!!
It's the V-twin thing. There's just something about it that inline-4s don't have at all, and V-4s don't have enough of.

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#2 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:58 pm

ouzo - pint of please

(Hope you feel better soon!)

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#3 Post by D-Rider » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:08 pm

Ah ... the British summer .... glad it wasn't all like that though.

It's lunchtime (well late lunch as football was a 12:30 kick off) so I'll have a pint of pear cider please.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

Samray
Double World Champion

#4 Post by Samray » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Glad to see romantic paree had you close enuff to swap bugs. :smt003
Usual ta. :smt001
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.

Falken
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#5 Post by Falken » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:35 pm

:smt001
Sounds like you had a good time though.

But it's nice to get home.

I'll have a pint of the Old Peculiar please.
Adventure before Dementia.

Viking
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#6 Post by Viking » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:18 am

Hey all,

Yep, had a fantastic time on hols. Sampled a lot of beer, wine and food everywhere we went. I can't nominate any place as being the best overall, it was all brilliant.

Oh, and Falken, I had a pint of Old Peculiar in the 'Golden Starre' in York. Hand-pulled, no less!
It's the V-twin thing. There's just something about it that inline-4s don't have at all, and V-4s don't have enough of.

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#7 Post by Falcopops » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:07 am

Welcome back old son.

Since you're in the chair I'll have a XXXX as that's what passes as beer up here!

Living in Townsville now, nice and warm and getting hotter and more humid by the day.

Viking
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#8 Post by Viking » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Falcopops wrote:Welcome back old son.

Since you're in the chair I'll have a XXXX as that's what passes as beer up here!

Living in Townsville now, nice and warm and getting hotter and more humid by the day.
'XXXX'??? You poor bastard. I wouldn't touch that sheep's piss with a 10 foot pole.

Just read your message over in "general chat". Congrats on getting the job situation sorted out. Although Melbourne <-> Townsville is one hell of a commute!