AA

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Thumper
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

AA

#1 Post by Thumper » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Had a valve brake off my front wheel on my old elefant :smt013 , snapped like a carrot! Bloody hell what a tit it was so easy must have been cold hands...i'm an idiot.
So there I am with a flat in Dorset I couldn't repair, had a new rear tube but no front...stuffed ... GRRR
Local bike shop had none, tyre dealer had none!
OK call the AA..3 hours later a complete dick with all singing state off the art truck arrives and doesn't now how to use it!!! tried telling him how to load and tie down a motorcycle but he ain't having none of it he wants to clamp the front wheel in a shoe that doesn't fit and drive off with a dirty great motorbike hanging on the front wheel spokes with no straps of the bike at all a complet...DICK

So I get ride off him and get a private guy from Wincanton Cuss recovery Brilliant guy and does what the AA guy wouldn't do, finally I get under way after 5 hours... :smt015
Last edited by Thumper on Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always expect the unexpected

Samray
Double World Champion

#2 Post by Samray » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:26 pm

Seems an all too common tale with the A.A. :smt012

Have you complained? Probably a waste of time but you never know.

Thumper
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#3 Post by Thumper » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:42 pm

I complained but get the feeling they are just not interested in bikes anymore and have enough excuses to write a book with! Trouble is there are not that many organizations that are these days :smt010 ,anyone in the RAC are they any better...?
Always expect the unexpected

Aladinsaneuk
Aprilia Admin

#4 Post by Aladinsaneuk » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:57 pm

complain and tell them that you are having your bike investigated for probable damage caused by their employee....

Let's face it, you wouldn't go to a nurse to get good advice on a problem with a Falco - you'd choose an Engineer or a mechanic...

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#5 Post by BikerGran » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:30 pm

Shoulda joined the RAC!

I've been recovered - ahem - several times! Not always by a genuine RAC patrol, sometimes they send a local garage, but only once had a slight problem and even then the chap was very helpful, just stupid!
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.