Please drink to a guardian angel.

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

joecrx
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#16 Post by joecrx » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:23 pm

your brothers a lucky guy.....hope he get well soon.......my cousin was in the marines and 2 para in the gulf war , we some times go camping , i take all the esentials but he lives on the land, so to speak ,he knows all those survival things ( ray mears stuff) one day he gave a guy the kiss of life in the street , till the ambulance arived saved his life ,he was in the right placeat the right time . i wasent there but i think we all should be trained in that kind of stuff , but on a sad point after he left the army with all that training he could not get settled into our way of living ....dont know how to put that but he was in the marines a long time 30 years and went off the rails to drink and left his wife ..no support from the army ,,,what a wast ........havent saw him for years now but do keep in touch through phone calls ...

just my wee bit

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#17 Post by BikerGran » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:07 pm

Ever heard of First Bike on Scene

It's a special first aid course for bikers and if you google FBOS and your county you'll find a course near you - it's something I'd like to do next year.
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

joecrx
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#18 Post by joecrx » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:47 pm

BikerGran wrote:Ever heard of First Bike on Scene

It's a special first aid course for bikers and if you google FBOS and your county you'll find a course near you - it's something I'd like to do next year.
ill have a look done my first aid stuff at work , and clued uo on health and safty, ...sounds interesting thanks

Highside
Despatch Rider

#19 Post by Highside » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:50 pm

I would like to echo the what has already been said.
Hope your brother continues to make a good recovery, and i'll raise a glass to the man that saved him. :smt001

Goldie
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer

#20 Post by Goldie » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:09 pm

Hey Dave, best wishes to your brother, hope the recovery continues well... and I'll raise a glass to his guardian angel. :smt001