How many old VD ers on here then

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

Message
Author
yello
Despatch Rider
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:28 pm
Location: France
Main bike: Sorry, it's a Dullville

Re: How many old VD ers on here then

#46 Post by yello » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:28 pm

oma wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:23 am
How are you?
Well well, blast from the past as the say. I'm doing just fine in my central France home. Are you still in soggy Bedfordshire or did you make the move to the US?

I met up with a former ridersiter late last year, he lives around 3 hours away I guess. Think he went by the handle of bm or something like - clever bloke on all things technical.

Stig
Despatch Rider
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:14 am

Re: How many old VD ers on here then

#47 Post by Stig » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:16 am

Spotted that VD was dead, what happened?

oma
Despatch Rider
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: indeed

Re: How many old VD ers on here then

#48 Post by oma » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:50 pm

yello wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:28 pm
oma wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:23 am
How are you?
Well well, blast from the past as the say. I'm doing just fine in my central France home. Are you still in soggy Bedfordshire or did you make the move to the US?

I met up with a former ridersiter late last year, he lives around 3 hours away I guess. Think he went by the handle of bm or something like - clever bloke on all things technical.
Hello sir
Good to see you are alive and kicking.
Im still in Bedfordshire. I never moved to the US - got a house there for a while - but I do work for a US company. So, nearly made it.

What you are now doing in France and far from the nonsense of that London, where I still am?
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy.

yello
Despatch Rider
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:28 pm
Location: France
Main bike: Sorry, it's a Dullville

Re: How many old VD ers on here then

#49 Post by yello » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:41 am

oma wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:50 pm
What you are now doing in France
Nothing really. I kid you not. Waiting for spring then it'll be gardening, riding my (push) bike etc. I'm not sure I could handle the UK (let alone London) now. Seems a long time ago.

User avatar
mangocrazy
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3719
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:24 pm
Location: Sheffield, UK

Re: How many old VD ers on here then

#50 Post by mangocrazy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:47 am

Where in France are you? We have a bolt-hole/project in the Languedoc that we visit as often as we can.

oma
Despatch Rider
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:16 pm
Location: indeed

Re: How many old VD ers on here then

#51 Post by oma » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:24 pm

yello wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:41 am
oma wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:50 pm
What you are now doing in France
Nothing really. I kid you not. Waiting for spring then it'll be gardening, riding my (push) bike etc. I'm not sure I could handle the UK (let alone London) now. Seems a long time ago.
That makes sense, We should all aim to be that way.
London sucks but it pays well.
All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy.

ClareBear
Pizza Delivery Rider
Pizza Delivery Rider
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:43 am

Re: How many old VD ers on here then

#52 Post by ClareBear » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:47 am

I have a lurk from time to time. Used to be Trixyminx but cant log in with that name anymore. 😐

Ben
Clubman Racer
Clubman Racer
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:35 pm
Main bike: Kawasaki ZX-10R

Re: How many old VD ers on here then

#53 Post by Ben » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:35 pm

ClareBear wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:47 am
I have a lurk from time to time. Used to be Trixyminx but cant log in with that name anymore. 😐
Was that your username on here? I can always recover the account for you.

yello
Despatch Rider
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:28 pm
Location: France
Main bike: Sorry, it's a Dullville

Re: How many old VD ers on here then

#54 Post by yello » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:46 pm

BikerGran wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:53 pm
Under 30? Under 40?
Keep going...

User avatar
Gio
Double World Champion
Posts: 6179
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:28 pm
Location: Chertsey

Re: How many old VD ers on here then

#55 Post by Gio » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:03 pm

yello wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:46 pm
BikerGran wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:53 pm
Under 30? Under 40?
Keep going...
I'd guess the wrong side of 50 :smt005
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"

rodbargee
Pizza Delivery Rider
Pizza Delivery Rider
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:31 pm
Location: Stokesley N Yorks
Main bike: ZZR1400 06
Contact:

Re: How many old VD ers on here then

#56 Post by rodbargee » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:22 pm

Just doing a bit of Lurking.

Post Reply