Surrey bound

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

k1w1boy
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

Surrey bound

#1 Post by k1w1boy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:22 pm

... New job in Guildford means that as of September I'll be based around Guildford. Intact from local falconista, and advice about high-numpty-tolerant, friendly, cheap etc service outlets welcome. (And if anyone's really bored I'll blather on about what prompted this move after 9 years in ilford, I'll wax philobullshitecal at Norfolk - presuming some incarnation of it is arranged (no, I haven't read any relevant threads lol)

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#2 Post by D-Rider » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Congrats Kerry.

I'll be down in Guildford in a few weeks time as I can't find a way to avoid the mrs' aunt & uncle's golden wedding celebration

BTW ..... any particular reason you've hidden this post in the RSV / RSVR / Tuono forum ?

If you like, we can move it for you ......
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

Re: Surrey bound

#3 Post by D-Rider » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:11 pm

k1w1boy wrote:... (And if anyone's really bored I'll blather on about what prompted this move after 9 years in ilford, I'll wax philobullshitecal at Norfolk - presuming some incarnation of it is arranged (no, I haven't read any relevant threads lol)
You'd have been hard-pressed to find the relevant thread as in empathy with your choice of forums for this thread, Pete chose not to post that one in the Rideouts and Events forum.

Here's a link: https://www.ridersite.com/viewtopic.ph ... ht=norfolk

Might not be able to make it myself as I've got to go to USA around that time and 2nd weekend of Sept might be a weekend or two too late for me. Hope not as I was looking forward to it
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

k1w1boy
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#4 Post by k1w1boy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Thanks Andy - please move it. I tend to get a bit think-fingered on a Thursday when posting from the phone

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

#5 Post by D-Rider » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Moved to the bar where we can celebrate with you :smt003
-- Albert Einstein

Falcopops
GP Racer
GP Racer

#6 Post by Falcopops » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:06 pm

Grats on the move, Ilford - Guildford, seems like a small spelling error to me.

I lived there for about 8 years (well in and around), good pubs, lots of scantily clad girlies on the weekend trying to snag a squaddie.

Some nice roads to attack and easy access to the continent. Take a bimble out to Box Hill and check out the bikes, likely you'll find another Aprilia owner, perhaps even a Falco.

I lived in Godalming for a while too, very quaint little town, way too many pubs, but I managed to frequent them all at some point. Slide along to the Guildford and Godalming rugby club for a game if you're so inclined there used to be a strong Kiwi contingent played there.

Trivia moment - Guildford Cathedral was used in the 1st Omen movie.

Kwackerz
Admin
Admin

#7 Post by Kwackerz » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Boxhill one way, Odiham bike meet t'other..

Miss Dahn Saarf :smt012
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

BikerGran
Gran Turismo

#8 Post by BikerGran » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:13 pm

And Newlands Corner not far away.
The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young.

k1w1boy
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#9 Post by k1w1boy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:49 pm

... If anyone knows a friendly shared flat opening - preferably with a garage and all inclusive rent - in the area please let me know. Could even go a bedsit/studio/maisonette for the right price - again preferably all inclusive rent (I'm lazy this way).

DavShill
SuperBike Racer
SuperBike Racer

#10 Post by DavShill » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Congrats Kerry - Will you find anything cheap in Guildford? ... I thought that was stockbroker territory. Good luck in the new job mate.

flatlander
Eprom Test Pilot (Stig)

#11 Post by flatlander » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:03 pm

ditto to all the good stuff too lazy to read it all :smt003 :smt002
For the avoidance of doubt and for the benefit of my wife, not everything I may say here will be absolutely true I may on ocassion embellish a little for effect.
That said when it comes to motorbikes, I like to ride side saddle with a nice frock

Falconihlist
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#12 Post by Falconihlist » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Just down the road then! Nooj is now within very easy commuting distance, which will also give you the advantage of Griff's maintenance days too. Defo worth the trip up there, his bacon rolls are legendary, and you know your bike will get what it needs from the Tamworth mafia.
Black is fastest!

HowardQ
World Champion

#13 Post by HowardQ » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Good luck Kerry, hope you get a place sorted quickly.
HowardQ

Take a ride on the Dark Side :smt004 :smt096 :smt004

2001 Aprilia Falco in Black
2002 Kawasaki ZX9R F1P

Gio
Double World Champion

#14 Post by Gio » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:09 am

Grats on the relocation, personally I dislike Guildford its the coldest town/city in southern England, something to do with the site they picked to build on.
I think you'll struggle to find a reasonable priced service in Surrey, they think everyones loaded.

I'd go to Southern Cross myself http://www.southerncrossmotorcycles.co.uk/ They looked after my Blackbird and Falco and did a very good job.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"