Bikes in Italy

Make your first post here!

Moderators: Aladinsaneuk, MartDude, D-Rider, Moderators

D-Rider
Admin
Admin

Bikes in Italy

#1 Post by D-Rider » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:07 am

Just back from my hols in Rome & Pompei andd thought I'd give an update on the bikes I saw while I was there ......

Almost none!

Scooters and maxi scooters everywhere but it seems nobody rides proper bikes.
Nevertheless I did see one very nice example of my bike riding through the streets of Rome ...... yes an old Honda CB400F (actually the one I saw was an F2).

Falcos ..... none

Aprilias ...... only scooters

:smt009

Guess as we're in the bar we'd better drink to the lamentable state of motorcycling in Italy ..... and to seeing a nice 400/4 buzzing about the roads.
“Scientists investigate that which already is. Engineers create that which has never been.”
-- Albert Einstein

k1w1boy
SuperSport Racer
SuperSport Racer

#2 Post by k1w1boy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:51 pm

... the spanner monkeys I used in Budapest said that, depending on the local economy, the average Joe can't afford to ride and maintain big bikes. I had commented on a similar scarcity of big-iron there.

Gio
Double World Champion

#3 Post by Gio » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:23 am

If you were in Rome you only had to ask most people where you could see a gathering of bikes. Via de Lago at Castel Gandolfo is a Sunday eye fest for bikers, so many really exclusive bikes its not true, the last time I was there, there were about 300 bikes some of which had a few grand chucked at them with extras to make them look far better than we see here. Most would not use them on a daily bais cos of the apaling road sense of most car drivers.
I hate it when people ask if you have a bathroom, I want to say "No we pee in the garden"